Book of Boredom Podcast
Reading & Roasting the Book of Mormon, cover-to-cover.
Gently Shake the Holy Ghost's Hand...
#055 Gently Shake the Holy Ghost's Hand...
To make friends with a pigeon.
Sister Patience auditions co-host candidate #2 - Brother Jones! Who tells about his life married to a "Happy Valley Girl",
and how his family left Mormonism.
- The origins of Lehi's bizarre vision from 1 Nephi (ya know, with the "iron rod", and
the giant tree, and pathways, and a river).
- Compressed Zipped Reformed Egyptian.
- Inconsistent changes to the Book of Mormon over the years.
- Religious and Ex-Religious phychology can be somewhat similar, for better or worse.
- It was weird that Nephi mentioned "baptism" here. The concept did not exist at the time
this story supposedly took place.
- 2 Nephi 31:8 retells the story of John 1:33 from the Bible. But the "dove" aspect of
the story leads to some weird dogma from Smitty. Should Jesus have tried to shake the
- In 2 Nephi 31:18, Smitty once again connects this with that, and that with something
else, with too many prepositions, and ends up with a mess.
Brother Jones tries an Australian accent!