Book of Boredom Podcast
Reading & Roasting the Book of Mormon, cover-to-cover.
Mosiah 26: Welcome to Insane Peaks
#109 Mosiah 26: Welcome to Insane Peaks
Total Assets $1,000,000 ($38,000,000,000)
Brother Jones and Sister Patience
blaze through a chapter, best described in the Book of Boredom group chat:
"Jones and I just read 39 verses of some of the most boring bits of this entire shitty
thing. WELL DONE JONES! We're nearly half way thru the BOM!" ~ Patience
What is this chapter like?
- This chapter is like calling a contact-centre, and being redirected 5 times before the
line finally drops, with no solution.
- This chapter is a bleeding example of the waste inherant in collectivism.
- This chapter is a game of "Pass the Parcel".
- This chapter is an example of how to hold a religious inqusition where no one dies. So,
"yay!" for "no murder"! That's one small step for Smitty.
- This chapter mirrors modern day Mormon excommunication practices. Gee, I wonder where
they got it from. Smitty just took 2 steps back.
Other key points:
- Two true stories, where bad ideas from religion resulted in OCD, or OCD-like symptoms.
- Trump makes his way into 26:25.
- The church built a MODULAR TEMPLE! Ahaha.
- Tell your faithful Mormon parents about the Gospel Topic Essays. It's a mitzvah for
their brain health! They will cause so much brain activity, that Alzheimers will be staved
off by at least a decade!